An Extraordinary Celebration
18:30, FRIDAY, 16th March 2018 - One Whitehall Place, London
The invitation-only awards evening on the 16th March brought together 140 distinguished individuals from the Prestigious Venues network for a black tie grand ball hosted at One Whitehall Place in London. The event featured captivating burlesque performances, sleight of hand magic, and extravagant guest prizes. This unique celebration ball revived the old-world tradition of ballroom dancing to Shostakovich’s Waltz No. 2. Set in motion by City Academy, this element of the awards evening was thoroughly enjoyed and will be a key element of future celebrations at Prestigious Star Awards. Guests included senior representatives from leading international venues, corporate partners, prestigious event suppliers, and VIP clients from a wide range of sectors.
"One Whitehall Place, London"
Host venue for the evening was the opulent One Whitehall Place. Originally established as the National Liberal Club in 1884, it counts Sir Winston Churchill among its former members. The foundation stone in its cellars was laid by William Gladstone himself, one of five Club members who went on to serve as Prime Minister. The venue is now a grand event space annexed to 5-star hotel The Royal Horseguards.
"a sparkling reception underneath glittering chandeliers"
On arrival, guests ascended a grand marble staircase to the spectacular Reading and Writing Room. A sparkling drinks reception underneath glittering chandeliers overlooking London Embankment and the River Thames followed. Guests enjoyed illuminated chess by Purling London and up-close magic by Michael King as well as music from a live jazz band by Yellow Entertainment.
"an elegant Victorian masterpiece"
The awards ceremony began with a procession to the adjoining Gladstone Library, an elegant Victorian masterpiece with ornate sculptured ceilings, and magnificent tiled pillars. During the ceremony guests were entertained with live performances from magician Michael King, Burlesque troupe The Folly Mixtures and a light show by dancer Coeur de Plume.
Our distinguished guests came from a wide range of sectors and included:
2,000 venues reviewed >> 200 nominated >> 60 finalists >> 20 highly commended & 20 crowned winners.
"the world's best events showcase"
‘The World’s Best Events’ section was a showcase of 12 of the best events hosted in the past year in a category that has become known as “the Cannes Lions of luxury events.” The three finalists were revealed on the night and the winner was selected, for the first time, through a live audience vote. Blenheim Palace enjoyed a decisive victory to win the 'World’s Best Event' trophy.
"superb hospitality by One Whitehall Place"
During the post awards reception guests enjoyed canapés, bowl food and a variety of beverages served by the One Whitehall Place hospitality team.
"revived the old-world tradition of ballroom dancing to Shostakovich’s Waltz No. 2"
It was here that the evening revived the old-world tradition of ballroom dancing to Shostakovich’s Waltz No. 2. Set in motion by City Academy, this element of the awards evening was thoroughly enjoyed and will be a key element of future celebrations at the Prestigious Star Awards.
"guest prizes included a series of luxury weekends"
The evening concluded with guests prizes awarded to the best dressed lady and gentleman, best social media post and most popular social media post. The glamorous prizes included a luxury 2-night stay at Atlantis The Palm in Dubai, a sparkling afternoon tea for two at The Royal Horseguards Hotel, tickets to Blenheim Palace as well as luxury weekends at Buddha-Bar Hotel in Paris and Hard Rock Hotel Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic.
"leading innovation in wireless charging"
Guests were gifted with goodie bags containing an innovative wireless charging solution by Aircharge. Aircharge is leading innovation in wireless charging. It is the largest free wireless charging ecosystem with 4500 wireless charging locations in public spaces around the globe. The goodie bags also included other Easter treats.
"what happens at the after-party, remains at Mahiki"
The awards after-party returned to Mahiki - a glamorous club located in Mayfair and the ultimate party destination in London. The venue first opened it's doors in 2005 as the brainchild of Piers Adam, David Phelps and Nick House, and has grown to become one of the world's most famous night spots as well as an institution with an array of fabulous awards behind it.
"a series of international venue rankings"
Now in their ninth year, the Prestigious Star Awards celebrate the quality, performance and reputation of the world’s best venues qualified to host the most memorable events. The awards program is run annually by Prestigious Venues. Venue performance in the awards is used to make recommendations and develop a series of international rankings, including ‘Top 100 Venues’ worldwide.
The Official Results
20 Categories based on event themes.
1. Most Prestigious Gala Dinner VenueWinner: The Wallace Collection (UK) & Highly Commended: Royal Mansour Marrakech (Morocco)
2. Most Prestigious Conference VenueWinner: Mandarin Oriental Pudong, Shanghai (China) & Highly Commended: Four Seasons Hotel, Sydney (Australia)
3. Most Prestigious Meeting VenueWinner: One Great George Street (UK) & Highly Commended: Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam (The Netherlands)
4. Most Prestigious Christmas VenueWinner: The Royal Horseguards Hotel and One Whitehall Place (UK) & Highly Commended: Cafe de Paris (UK)
5. Most Prestigious Private Dining VenueWinner: L'Albereta (Italy) & Highly Commended: Auberge du Lac (UK)
6. Most Prestigious Reception VenueWinner: Cafe de Paris (UK) & Highly Commended: Petroff Palace (Russia)
7. Most Prestigious Engagement Party VenueWinner: The Forbury Hotel (UK) & Highly Commended: Conservatorium Hotel (The Netherlands)
8. Most Prestigious Wedding VenueWinner: Vila Monte (Portugal) & Highly Commended: L'Andana (Italy)
9. Most Prestigious Romantic VenueWinner: Farncombe Estate (UK) & Highly Commended: Banyan Tree Bali (Indonesia)
10. Most Prestigious Birthday Party VenueWinner: Kenwood House (UK) & Highly Commended: Casa Fuzetta (Portugal)
11. Most Prestigious Fashion Event VenueWinner: Ritz Carlton Bali (Indonesia) & Highly Commended: Ivy (UK)
12. Most Prestigious Networking Event VenueWinner: The Dorchester (UK) & Highly Commended: 170 Queen's Gate (UK)
13. Most Prestigious Product Launch VenueWinner: Nobu Eden Roc (USA) & Highly Commended: Armani Hotel Dubai (UAE)
14. Most Prestigious Film Location VenueWinner: The St. Regis Rome (Italy) & Highly Commended: The Royal Horseguards Hotel and One Whitehall Place (UK)
15. Most Prestigious Press Conference VenueWinner: Atlantis The Palm, Dubai (UAE) & Highly Commended: One Great George Street (UK)
16. Most Prestigious Corporate Incentive VenueWinner: UNICO 20 87 Riviera Maya (Mexico) & Highly Commended: Schlosshotel Velden (Austria)
17. Most Prestigious Training VenueWinner: The Langham, Melbourne (Australia) & Highly Commended: Rushton Hall Hotel and Spa (UK)
18. Most Prestigious Exhibition VenueWinner: Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya (Mexico) & Highly Commended: Emirates Palace (UAE)
19. Most Prestigious Sporting VenueWinner: Hotel Maiensee (Austria) & Highly Commended: Burhill Golf Club (UK)
20. The World's Most Prestigious VenueWinner: Royal Mansour Marrakech (Morocco) & Highly Commended: Tower Bridge (UK)
10 National and Event Supplier categories.
21. The Best Venue in The NetherlandsWinner: Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam & Highly Commended: Landgoed Duin & Kruidberg
22. The Best Venue in the UKWinner: Natural History Museum & Highly Commended: Blenheim Palace
23. The Best Venue in ItalyWinner: L'Andana & Highly Commended: Belmond Hotel Splendido
24. The Best Venue in AustriaWinner: Hotel Salzburgerhof & Highly Commended: Palais Coburg Residenz
25. The Best Venue in the UAEWinner: The Palace Downtown Dubai & Highly Commended: Qasr Al Sarab
26. The Best Venue in RussiaWinner: Petroff Palace & Highly Commended: Turandot
27. The Best Event SupplierWinner: Air Partner & Highly Commended: Rupa Photography
28. The Best Event FloristWinner: Wildabout Flowers & Highly Commended: Pinstripes & Peonies
29. The Best Event EntertainmentWinner: Yellow Entertainment & Highly Commended: Urban Soul Orchestra
The World's Best Events
Over 200 events entered by the world's most prestigious venues
30. World’s Best EventWinner: Blenheim Palace & Highly Commended: InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam
"world leaders in delivering high-calibre events"
All partners of the Prestigious Star Awards are carefully selected among world leaders in delivering high-calibre events. The headline event partner was one of the world’s most prominent private jet brands, Air Partner. The Royal Horseguards Hotel & One Whitehall Place was the most suitable destination for celebrating the world’s best venues for events. Other esteemed partners included Yellow Entertainment, EMS Events, Purling London, Rupa Photography, Temptribe, Wildabout Flowers, Michael King, City Academy, Mahiki and Aircharge.